20 April, 2018
News & Announcements
- The African Academy of Sciences has presented its new advisory board and launched AAS Open Research, a platform for rapid publication and open peer review for researchers – AAS
- UKRI has appointed Dr Ian Campbell as interim Executive Chair of Innovate UK – ukri.org
- The International Development Committee has taken evidence fromOxfam’s former Global Head of Safeguarding, continuing its inquiry into sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector – parliament.uk
- BEIS & UKRI have expanded the UK and India’s research partnership, with future work to address global challenges including agriculture, health, environment and climate change – gov.uk
- DFID has announced further support in the fight against malaria – gov.uk
- FCO has committed £9 million to protect the marine environment and drive economic development in Commonwealth small island states – gov.uk
- ESRC has announced the 2018 Celebrating Impact Prize shortlist – esrc.ukri.org
- UK-China Researcher Links Workshop Sustainable Systems for CO2 Utilisation: from Innovation to Practical Implementation. Deadline 30 April.
- AHRC Development through the Creative Economy in China. Deadline 10 May
- NERC New cut-off for highlight topic ideas – 2018. Deadline 15 May.
- ESRC Climate change centre call. Deadline 15 May
Events & Reports
- Academy of Medical Sciences: Multimorbidity: a priority for global health research
- LIDC Action Against Stunting Summit, in London on 23 April
- UCL Institute for Global Prosperity UK Launch of the RELIEF Centre, in London on 24 April
- ESPA webinar: Poorer without it? The neglected role of the environment in addressing poverty, online on 24 April.
Other News & Interesting Links