9 March, 2018
Announcements and News
- International Development Committee has launched a new inquiry into sexual exploitation and abuse in the aid sector and is requesting written evidence by 6 April – parliament.uk
- BEIS published the UK government overview of Britain’s participation in Horizon 2020 – gov.uk
- International Development Secretaryannounces launch of Jo Cox Memorial Grants in the lead up to International Women’s Day – gov.uk
- The UKRI Board has announced the members for the ESRC, EPSRC and NERC councils – UKRI
- UK and Saudi Arabia announce new partnership of a joint £100m fund to boost livelihoods and economic development in world’s poorest countries on Crown Prince’s visit – gov.uk
- DFID and the Charity Commission co-hosted a summit on safeguarding to drive up sector standards – gov.uk
- BEIS confirms five-year funding cycles will continue at UKRI – *Research
- MRC-funded Alzheimer’s researchers win world’s top brain research prize – MRC
- DFID published its strategic vision for gender equality in the call to action document, “Her Potential, Our Future” – gov.uk
- EDCTP–TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships. Deadline: 15 March
- GCRF Inequalities and skills acquisition in young people. Deadline: 22 March
- Wellcome Trust Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine. Deadline: 26 March
- EPSRC Artificial Intelligence – UKRI Centres for Doctoral Training. Deadline: 28 March.
- ESRC Understanding the future of Canada-UK trade relationships. Deadline: 28 March.
- DFID Delivering Climate Resilient Water and Sanitation in Ethiopia. Deadline: 30 March.
Reports and events
- DFID: Open aid, open societies – a vision for a transparent world
- DFID: Education Policy 2018: Get Children Learning
- BEIS: The Ninth EU Framework Programme (FP9) – UK position paper
- Royal Society Residential Communication and Media Skills, 12 – 13 March in Buckinghamshire.
- Universities UK International Higher Education Forum 2018: thriving in a shifting global environment, 14 March in Nottingham.
- ODI Shifting norms for gender justice: evidence on what works, 16 March in New York.
Other news and interesting links
- Pensions strike ‘poisons relations’ on UK campuses – Times Higher Education
- 8 Wellcome Trust projects to increase vital knowledge about women’s health, to mark International Women’s Day – Wellcome Trust
- Podcast: Transforming the world for girls – ODI
- Why sharing research outcomes is a vital part of environmental science – NERC
- How close are we to a cure for Huntington’s? – Mosaic