6 April, 2018
News & Announcements
- DFID have published the 2017 Statistics on International Development, including high level statistics on provisional UK aid spend and ODA:GNI ratio – gov.uk
- UK China collaboration to tackle antimicrobial resistance through up to £10 million for joint projects – gov.uk
- UK Research and Innovation has had its first day and has launched the Future Leaders Fellowship scheme – ukri.org
- MRC welcomes Professor Fiona Watt as new Executive Chair – mrc.ukri.org
- DFID response to ICAI recommendations on DFID’s approach to value for money in programme & portfolio management – gov.uk
- International Development Sub-Committee on ICAI examined the UK aid response to global health threats – parliament.uk
- DFID’s Economic Development Strategy inquiry launched and is inviting written submissions –parliament.uk
- Royal Society Industry Fellowships. Deadline 17 April.
- EDCTP Call for Nominations 2017: EDCTP Prizes. Deadline 20 April.
- EPSRC Connected Nation Pioneers Awards. Deadline 26 April.
- East Africa Research Fund Call for Proposal for research on Vulnerability & Resilience in Somalia. Deadline 26 April.
- NERC Global Partnerships Seedcorn Fund. Deadline for notification of intent 30 April.
- ESRC, MRC & South African Medical Research Council UK-South Africa mental health initiative. Deadline 2 May
Events & Reports
- UCL The present and future of research and innovation in Spain, the EU and the world, in London, 10 April
- British CouncilResearcher Links Workshop: Data Analytics for Future Cities Research, in Danang, Vietnam, 11-13 July. Call for participants deadline: 15 April.
- Seedbeds of Transformation The Role of Science with Society and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa, in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 9-11 May.
- Chatham House Future of Work 2018: Opportunities and risks in a digital age in London, 24 May.
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Young Scientists Summer Programme, in Vienna, Austria, 1 June-31 August.
- ‘Toward data-driven education systems’: report on what information education decision-makers in developing countries use most – Brookings
- Refugees and their Money: Assessing the Business Case for Providing Financial Services to Refugees – FSD Africa
Other News & Interesting Links
- Why we mustn’t forget the effects of climate change on mental health – Mosaic
- The Lancet launches a year-long focus on NCDs: evidence, updates and commentary – The Lancet
- International Growth Centre mini-documentary on Ghana’s infrastructure: an example of ‘research into policy’ in action – IGC
- The development organisation of the future? Bond creates a fictional NGO to help people think differently about the future – Bond
- Foresters too silent on tech advances: Scientific tools need sharing more widely to meet the forestry SDG – scidev.net