2 March, 2018
Announcements and News
- BEIS are inviting ideas for the third wave of societal and industrial challenges to tackle as part of government’s Industrial Strategy – gov.uk
- UK Research and Innovation infrastructure roadmap survey: respond by 19 March – UKRI
- DFID has announced extra support to the UK’s biggest group of international development charities to allow closer work with private sector – gov.uk
- Cabinet Office & FCO The Conflict, Stability and Security Fund has opened its procurement framework for retender – gov.uk
- DFID has launched Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation to explore how to use mobile technology to help tackle humanitarian challenges around the world – gov.uk
- Parliament The Science and Technology Committee will hold an evidence session on Research integrity and also an evidence session on Brexit science and innovation – parliament.uk
- Bond Winners of the Bond International Development Awards 2018 – bond.org
- NERC Wallacea Region – Understanding biodiversity & evolutionary responses to environmental change. Deadline 15 March.
- GCRF Grants to hold networking events, supporting collaborations between developing countries and the UK looking at global challenges. Deadline: 21 March.
- Newton Fund International Fellowships for Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa to support early career international researchers from partner countries. Deadline: 27 March.
- Met Office Climate Science for Service Provider China research grant opportunities. Deadline 29 March.
- Met Office Vertical Structure of weather over Southeast Asia. Deadline 29 March.
- DFID guidance page with selection of current calls with a research, evidence or evaluation theme
Reports and events
- IGC Advancing gender equality: The path to economic growth in London on 7 March
- ODI Changing gender norms to empower rural women and girls in New York and streamed online on 8 March
- 3ie International Women’s Day special seminar on lessons from the impact assessment of the Shaurya Dal programme in Delhi on 8 March
- Royal Society: Research culture: embedding inclusive excellence
- Africa Renewal: Towards a food-secure Africa
- ITAD: How can capacity building improve how policy makers use evidence from projects in LMICs?
Other news and interesting links
- International prize recognises women scientists from five developing countries – scidev.net
- Malaria parasite route to Americas traced – scidev.net
- Africa ‘set to miss UN development goal on malnutrition’ – BBC
- Innovation: Is the Internet of Things the future of farming? – Spore
- How to attract and motivate passionate public service providers – World Bank Impact Evaluations
- Sustainable development through stronger library consortia networking in Latin America – INASP