On the 25th of June, 150 members of the international development research community joined us at the Wellcome Trust to launch UKCDR’s new strategy and brand.
The event started with an introductory address by independent Chair of the Strategic Coherence for ODA-funded Research (SCOR) Board, Professor Peter Piot, and a welcome by UKCDR Executive Director Dr Marta Tufet, who presented UKCDR’s new strategy.
A roundtable of diverse leaders and researchers in global development debated the future role of UKCDR, the SCOR Board, and Official Development Assistance (ODA) research in a rapidly evolving world.
There were lively and honest discussions, where panellists brought diverse perspectives on how we can collectively achieve greater coherence, collaboration and impact across ODA research funds.
A huge thank you to everyone who attended our launch, our moderator Professor Melissa Leach, Director of the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), and our panellists:
- Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Diana Dalton, Deputy Director, Research and Evidence Division, Department for International Development (DFID)
- Dr Alison Evans, Chief Commissioner, Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI)
- Dr Jaideep Gupte, Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Challenge Leader for Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure.
- Dr Janet Midega, Science Officer, Drug Resistant Infections, Wellcome Trust.
Image credit: Sagar Patil via Unsplash