The Global Research Professorship award is NIHR’s flagship career development award. It aims to fund research leaders to promote effective translation of research and to strengthen research leadership at the highest academic levels.
The Global Research Professorship programme supports outstanding academics to work at professorial level. The programme funds researchers undertaking research that aims to specifically and primarily benefit people in LMICs eligible for Official Development Assistance (ODA).
The award provides an extensive support package alongside the professorship, to include support posts, research costs and a leadership and development programme.
The scheme is open to all health, public health and social care research and methodology professions.
Eligibility: To apply for a Global Health Research Professorship you must be:
- An Individual with an outstanding record of public health, health or care research including clinical and non-clinical researchers.
- Be on track to become a future global health research leader
- Be based in a Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) or the UK
- Be nominated by an eligible host
Level of funding: NIHR Global Research Professorships are fixed term five-year appointments (a maximum of 60 months) offering funding of up to £2 million, including a leadership and development programme and several support posts.
Additional information: Applicants must be nominated by the higher education institution (HEI) or research institute in which they are employed.
- 06 December 2023: applications close at 13:00 pm BST
6th Dec 2023