According to an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 50 students/scholars from developing countries will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China. Please find the full Call for the ANSO Scholarship here.
Eligibility: The following rules apply:
- Eligible applicants should NOT hold Chinese citizenship.
- Eligible applicants must be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South (Developing Countries in the South | TWAS)
- Eligible applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1989 (inclusive);
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Eligible applicants should NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
Level of funding:
|2.||Monthly stipend:6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months|
|4.||Application fee waiver|
|5.||International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)|
Additional information: All awardees are required to finish centralised training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
15th Feb 2024