Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £2 million in innovation projects. This activity forms part of the Net Zero Living programme.
These projects will build innovation partnerships and demonstrate urban solutions to accelerate a just transition to net zero. We are looking for demonstrations of the collaborative solutions developed, that target clearly identified challenges or needs, in the UK market, the African partners market, or both.
Eligibility: The project must:
- have total eligible project costs between £150,000 and £300,000
- have one or more partner businesses that are registered and operating in one or more of the three target African markets (Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria)
- have partner costs for the African partners that are between 40% and 50% of the total eligible project costs
- last between 6 and 12 months
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK or Africa
- start by 1 April 2024
- end by 31 March 2025
Level of funding: A share of up to £2 million.
Additional information: You must read the guidance on applying for a competition on the Innovation Funding Service before you start. If you want help to find a project partner, contact Innovate UK KTN.
- 10 October 2023: online briefing event (watch the recording)
- 22 November 2023: competition closes at 11:00 am BST
- 08 January 2024 : applicants notified
22nd Nov 2023