Wellcome’s mental health strategic aim is to drive a transformative change in the ability to intervene as early as possible in the course of anxiety, depression and psychosis, in ways that reflect the priorities and needs of people who experience these problems.
This call will fund research that advances scientific understanding of the causal mechanisms through which brain, body and environment interact over time in the development, persistence and resolution of anxiety- and trauma-related disorders.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, applicants must address at least one of the following two priorities:
- Research that considers multiple levels of explanation
- Research in low- and middle-income countries
You can apply to this call if you are a team of researchers:
- from any relevant discipline
- from an eligible organisation
- based anywhere in the world (apart from mainland China).
Level of funding: This award includes funding for projects of any budget up to £4 million and projects of any duration up to 5 years. There is no average award amount for this call. You should ask for the level of funding you need for your proposed research. You must justify all costs within the costs section of your application.
Additional information: Wellcome’s Mental Health team have explained the call and its part in their Mental Health strategy in this webinar.
- 14 November 2023: preliminary applications close at 17:00 (BST)
- 05 March 2024 : full applications close
- 21-23 May 2024: interviews
14th Nov 2023