This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition delivered by Innovate UK part of UKRI, supported by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Biotechnology Biological Science Research Council (BBSRC).
This competition aims to accelerate the effective development of innovative solutions, technologies or practices that enhance plant health and biosecurity activities. With a focus on regulated pests, diseases and of future operational deployment.
Your project can deliver innovation focused research activities to progress solutions towards one or more of the challenges identified. This can include establishing the feasibility of an idea, to demonstrating principle or developing a prototype.
Eligibility: Your project must:
- have total costs between £20,000 and £150,000, inclusive of VAT
- start between 1 April 2024 and 1 October 2024
- end by 31 March 2025
- last between 3 and 12 months
- intend to exploit results from and within the United Kingdom
Level of funding: A total of up to £800,000 inclusive of VAT is allocated to this competition. Contracts of between £20,000 and £150,000, inclusive of VAT, will be awarded to develop and demonstrate the feasibility of a solution.
Additional information: If you want help to find an organisation to work with, contact the Innovate UK KTN.
- 23 November 2023: online briefing event (join here)
- 20 December 2023: applications close at 11:00 am BST
20th Dec 2023