The ZE-Gen technology accelerator programme aims to accelerate the innovations needed to effectively replace fossil fuel generators with renewable alternatives.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) to invest up to £2 million in innovation projects in Nigeria and the Philippines.
This competition is a technology accelerator which is a part of the Zero Emission Generators (ZE-Gen) programme.
The aim of this competition is to support feasibility projects developing a range of technology and business models focused on Nigeria or the Philippines.
Eligibility: Your project must:
- have total costs between £50,000 and £150,000
- last for 10 months only
- start on 1 June 2024
- end on 31 March 2025
- ensure Nigeria or the Philippines is the primary beneficiary of the innovation
- be compliant with ODA funding
- include a UK registered administrative lead
- partner with a UK administrative lead, if you are an international organisation
- involve at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME), from anywhere in the world
Level of funding: Up to £2 million has been allocated to fund innovation projects in this competition. Funding will be in the form of a grant. We expect to fund 20 projects
- 20 November 2023: competition opens
- 21 November 2023: online briefing event (register to attend)
- 31 January 2024: competition closes at 11:00 am BST
31st Jan 2024