The NIHR Global Health Research Cohort Academic Development Award (GHR CADA) scheme enables NIHR GHR Programme Training Leads/Programme Directors to apply for up to £30,000 to deliver training and career development activities.
The scheme aims to help GHR programme cohorts primarily focused in low and middle income countries to develop skills needed for a successful academic research career.
This includes enhancing their exposure to multi-disciplinary working, building networks with leading experts and providing peer support. It also provides the opportunity to collaborate with other GHR programmes and foster cross-NIHR GHR working.
Eligibility: It is open to all NIHR GHR Programme training leads and Global Research Professor, (or directors/PIs where a training lead is not in place) in NIHR GHR programmes active from 1 October 2023 onwards. NIHR Academy GHR members (early career researchers) can be co-applicants on the application. Applicants must:
- be in a position to complete the award between 1 July and 28 February 2025
- finish activities 2 months before the end of the overarching GHR programme research contract
- submit a short written report within 2 months of the completion of the activities or before 30 April 2025
- have the support of the lead institution of the NIHR GHR Programme partnership you are part of
Level of funding: You can apply for awards of up to £30,000 per individual. Funding can include:
- Funding for any specific formal training courses (e.g qualitative research methods course, implementation science training, PPI training etc.)
- Funding to cover; travel, accommodation and subsistence in order to deliver the programme of activities
- Funding for any invited speaker/facilitator costs can be included where necessary and should be appropriately justified within the application
- Funding for other reasonable costs required to deliver the activities such as venue hire, internet connectivity costs, flip chart/printing etc
Additional information: The NIHR (via firstname.lastname@example.org) can advise on eligibility and remit enquiries, and answer queries any party has when completing the application form.
- 15 February 2024: applications close at 13:00 p.m. GMT