Researchers can apply to work with overseas researchers in the State of São Paulo, Brazil. This collaborative work is governed by an agreement between UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and State of São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
Applicants must submit a collaborative research proposal in any area of the arts and humanities within the remit of Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and FAPESP.
Collaborations can involve:
- a single institution or a combination of institutions
- researchers working in different research areas
- disciplines within the arts and humanities, or between an arts and humanities discipline and another subject area. In such collaborations the arts and humanities element of the project should lead in shaping the research questions, methods and so on
- researchers working in other sectors
- researchers based abroad
The maximum duration of this award is five years.
Eligibility: You must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for UKRI funding.
Level of funding: The full economic cost (FEC) of the UK hosted element of your project can be between £300,000 and £1.5 million FEC. AHRC will fund 80% the FEC. FAPESP will fund all justified Brazilian costs submitted through their SAGe system.
- 8 December 2023: applications open at 09:00 UK time
- 27 June 2024: applications close at 16:00 UK time