On Monday 25 June 2018, we are launching as UKCDR, the UK Collaborative on Development Research (currently UKCDS).
Amid a shifting landscape for UK international development research funding, what does the future hold for Official Development Assistance (ODA) research? How can research address some of the intractable and cross-cutting problems faced by an evolving world?
Join our Executive Director Dr Marta Tufet and Chair of the Strategic Coherence of ODA-funded Research (SCOR) Board, Professor Peter Piot, to introduce and launch our new organisation, the UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR).
A high-level panel will be moderated by Professor Melissa Leach, Director of the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), with speakers:
- Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Ms Diana Dalton, Deputy Director, Research and Evidence Division, Department for International Development (DFID)
- Dr Alison Evans, Chief Commissioner, Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI)
- Dr Jaideep Gupte, Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF), Challenge Leader for Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure.
- Dr Janet Midega, Science Officer for Drug Resistant Infections and AMR, Wellcome Trust
We look forward to seeing you there and discussing our vision for the future of UK-funded international development research with you.
The event is being held on Monday 25 June 2018 from 16:30 to 18:30 at the Wellcome Trust in London. Further details and registration to attend the event can be found here.
* Please note that availability for this event is on a first come, first served basis. We reserve the right to limit numbers of individuals attending if necessary *