Join us for our half-day conference, ‘Beyond the pandemic: the impact of the COVID-19 research response in low- and middle-income countries’.
This free, virtual conference will bring together:
- global researchers working on COVID-19 research
- funders that have supported COVID-19 research
- Other stakeholders in global health and research for development
As the COVID CIRCLE programme draws to a close, the event will enshrine the legacy of our community of researchers by showcasing the lasting impact of their COVID-19 research in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). In addition, the conference will draw out and develop lessons for researchers and funders that will help inform future research and emergency preparedness. It will also be a space to build connections and collaboration across the research ecosystem.
During the event, we’ll experience:
- Live presentations and posters from global researchers working across multiple disciplines, showcasing the COVID-19 research they have conducted and its impact and touching upon lessons and next steps.
- A session with UK-based funders, who will reflect on and discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced funding for emergency response research going forward, particularly in LMIC settings.
- Multiple opportunities for networking and connection, from ‘speed networking’ to thematic ‘lounges’
10:00 – 13:00 GMT, 13 December 2022
The event will be hosted through Accelevents, a free-to-use, digital platform